NEBOSH HSE National Certificate Health & Safety Leadership ExcellenceBook This Course
This NEBOSH Certificate qualification is for directors and senior managers or anyone whose role involves health and safety leadership. Courses run throughout Scotland and England and regularly in Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, and Dundee.
Course Duration: 2 Day
Course Location: Throughout Scotland and England, and regularly in Inverness, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, and Dundee /or client-specific
Who should take the Health and Safety Leadership Excellence qualification?
This qualification is for senior business leaders or anyone who aspires to become one in the future. It highlights the moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership. It offers guidance on the key areas to focus on to make a difference and how leaders can become better advocates and influencers in relation to health and safety.
What will I be able to do after taking this qualification?
- Positively influence health and safety performance and culture in your workplace
- Apply the Health and Safety Executive’s model for effective health and safety leadership
- Reflect on your own health and safety leadership style and what can influence your decision making and subsequent behaviours
- Understand the link between effective health and safety leadership and reaching cultural safety excellence
What will my employer gain from this qualification?
- Leadership that reflects HSE's model of effective health and safety leadership
- Health and safety will be factored into business decisions in the future
- Leaders who recognise how their own behaviours impact on health and safety culture
What does the course cover and how is it assessed?
This 1 day qualification covers the following topics:
- What health and safety leadership means
- The moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership
- The links between health and safety leadership and culture
- What the different leadership styles are
- How human failures can impact performance and culture
- The HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
- How leaders can build effective relationships with the workforce
The assessment will be in the form of reflective statements undertaken throughout the course. These will show how the student’s knowledge, skills and behaviours may have both positive and negative effects on health and safety performance in their organisation.
Students will also need to make a commitment to a leadership intervention that will improve health and safety management within their sphere of workplace influence.
Delegates who successfully complete a short answer test and practical assessment will receive an NEBOSH Health and Safety Leadership Excellence qualification certificate.
The price of this course is subject to vat (at the standard rate) but includes: Tuition, IOSH registration and certification fees, NEBOSH Health and Safety Leadership Excellence course book, Tea/Coffee/Refreshments.
Ness Training is an accredited NEBOSH provider C1449Back to the NEBOSH Course List