IOSH Training Courses
Why IOSH Safety Training?
Every employee should have a basic understanding of health and safety so that they can avoid accidents and ill health caused by their work activities; this is referred to as being ‘competent’ to carry out their work. This is a key priority for every employer and everyone at work, but often this requires training that not only suits and is relevant to the employee and their job but must also meet the needs and standards required by the organisation.
IOSH safety training is regarded on the gold standard not only in the UK, but worldwide, and is designed to ensure:
- Delivered by suitably trained and competent trainers
- Meet the highest of standards
- Be interesting, and be relevant and usable to the employee and his job
- Provide a recognised certificate
Safety-Zone provides a full range of IOSH safety training course on fixed dates throughout the year, and at fixed locations throughout the Scotland and the Highlands and Islands. Safety-Zone can also provide IOSH training courses on a flexible and ad-hock basis, and at locations and times that suit your organisations schedule and needs, whether for small or large groups.
Most of these courses run for one day or less, however, the IOSH Managing Safely is a four day course but this course be run over an extended period e.g. one day a month for four months, or other combinations that meets with your organisations needs.
We can tailor these courses to suit your organisation
We can also tailor the course content to ensure that the training we provide is truly relevant to you organisation by including such things as the organisations company health and safety policy, aims and objectives, risk assessment processes, and operating systems and procedures.
Importantly what will the employer get out of this training?
- Nationally recognised and respected health and safety certificated training for all their employees.
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed and quality-controlled by the Chartered body for health and safety professionals
- Minimum disruption to working days and shifts – the one-day programme includes the assessment, so there's no need to free up further time for a test after the course
- Working safely meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training and is a 100 per cent match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘passport’ syllabus
- Flexibility – the programme can be delivered in slots that suit the business
- Two key areas – health and safety and environmental basics – are covered in a single self-contained session or programme
The benefits of using Safety-Zone as your safety-training provider
- We can tune our courses to suit your own particular organisation and type of industry, e.g. we can include your organisations health and safety policy, aims and objectives, risk assessment processes and operating systems and procedures in to the course content.
- We have no minimum number of attendees. While it is best to have of between 5 and 15 people on the course we can work with any number.
- Unlike many other companies we are not limited to a fixed geographical area, where you are or where you need us to be is where we will be!
- We can organize a venue if that helps you.
- While the Managing safely is a four day course, we do recognize that it can be very difficult or even impossible to let employees away from the organisation for that length of time, therefore, we can provide this course over an extended period e.g. one day a month for four months or other combinations that suit your needs. We can even provide theses courses over weekends if necessary.
- We can literally work with any combination of dates, times, and locations, nationally or internationally.
In brief, we strongly believe that IOSH safety training can bring many benefits to any organisations health and safety training and competence needs, whether the organisation is in construction, engineering, oil and gas, renewables, utilities, or the manufacturing industry, What ever your health and safety training needs are, we are sure we can find a combination that suits you and your organisation. Just call us or send us e-mail, and let us do the rest!