Occupational H & S Management System - ISO 45001
Many organizations are implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System ISO 45001 as part of their risk management strategy to address current legislation and to protect their workforce. ISO 45001 promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows your organization to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance. ISO 45001 has been designed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, and to help your organization meet their health and safety obligations in a cost and time efficient manner.
The following key areas are addressed by following ISO 45001:
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- OHSAS management programme
- Structure and responsibility within the company
- Training, awareness and competence of employees
- Consultation and communication both internally and externally
- Operational control of risks
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement of the organisation
ISO 45001 can be adopted by any organization wishing to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the working environment for employees, customers and the general public.
Safety-Zone can help implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) such as ISO 45001 into all sizes and types of organisations.
Why ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 is the new international standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS). It replaces OHSAS 18001. It enables organisations to manage risk and helps ensure compliance with legislation. It helps create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for workers, visitors and anyone affected by your organisation’s activities.
Who is it for?
ISO 45001 is suited to almost any organisation, of every size, in any sector. If you take safety seriously – and the law requires that you do – then you can benefit from implementing this health and safety management system.
How can ISO 45001 help your organisation?
ISO 45001 will help you meet your legal and moral obligations. It can also produce significant commercial benefits for your organisation.
- A safer place to work – reducing the risk of work related injury and ill health and helping you fulfil your morale duty as a responsible employer
- Cost savings – efficient management systems, fewer accidents and improved health of your workforce all have a positive financial impact
- Enables measurement of health and safety performance – helps you establish a robust framework and reporting system
- Helps to satisfy the core requirements of SSIP when registering as a member of SSIP with ISOQAR
- International recognition – the new standard is recognised around the world so helps with cross-border operations
There are no upcoming events.
Upcoming training courses from Safety Zone
There are no upcoming events.