NEBOSH Health and Safety at WorkBook This Course
A practical qualification that provides a best practice introduction to health and safety in a understandable and accessible way.
Who’s it for?
Anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job will benefit from taking this qualification including:
- Team leaders and supervisors,
- HR professionals,
- Facilities managers
- Those training young people in a working environment.
It provides a valuable overview, which can act as a sound basis for further study.
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues.
Through your studies, you will gain knowledge and practical health and safety skills. This will enable you to:
- Understand why health and safety needs to be managed, ensuring effective processes are in place
- Inspect the workplace, recognising common hazards, evaluating risk, recommending controls measures and assigning actions
- Understand why incidents happen and how to investigate them.
How will it help me?
This qualification will help you to:
- Implement or maintain a health and safety management system
- Gain practical skills that can help keep yourself and others safe
- Apply the principles of risk assessment
- Have a positive impact on health and safety in your workplace.
Advantages for employers
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award can help business to:
- Reduce incident and injury rates, and the associated lost time and absence
- Foster greater health and safety awareness amongst employees
- Improve employee engagement and enhance safety culture
- Secure higher levels of compliance with organisational safety measures
- Protect the business from the reputational damage caused by health and safety failures.
How is it assessed?
After completing the course, you will be asked to complete a workplace health and safety review which:
- Considers how health and safety is managed, and how it could be done better
- Identifies health and safety issues present, how they are controlled and if the risk can be reduced
- Selects the most important issue for improvement using moral, legal and financial reasons.
This assessment is designed to test your ability to put into practice what you have learnt during your course.
Where can I take a course leading to the NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award?
NEBOSH Learning Partners offer a variety of flexible course formats, including in-company options, so training can be arranged according to business needs.
Details of NEBOSH Learning Partners throughout the world can be found on the NEBOSH website.Back to the NEBOSH Course List