Nebosh National General Certificate in Occupational Health & SafetyBook This Course
This qualification is designed for anyone (managers, supervisors and workers) in any type of organisation. It’s ideal for anyone who needs a broad understanding of health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively. Many people take the National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (NGC) as a first step in a career in health and safety. It gives a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Course Duration: This is a 10-day course with a 1-day post course exam revision day included in the price
Course Cost: £950 + VAT
We run these courses with a maximum of 5 people as we find this gives the best learning experience for our students.
For those financing this training themselves we offer a further 8% off the VAT inclusive price.
For some, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is a first step towards a career as a health and safety professional. For others, it forms part of an important set of qualifications that will bring them success and advancement in whatever field they choose.
What will I gain from this qualification?
The NGC looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- Advise on duties under the main pieces of UK health and safety legislation;
- Help your organisation to manage contractors;
- Work within a health and safety management system;
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- Carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace;
- Recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts;
- Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- Take part in incident investigations; and
- Help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
Benefits for your employer
When you achieve the NGC, you will be a huge asset to your employer. You will make a real difference in the workplace. You will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to help protect the health and safety of all workers. You will also be able help your employer to comply with the law and good practice, as well as help them avoid the huge costs from incidents and ill-health.
Safety Zone Ltd is an accredited NEBOSH provider C1449Back to the NEBOSH Course List